Friday 9 May 2014

Hi,
Welcome to my blog.


Yes, a Coot!

I live near the boardwalk on Avon Meadows


And I see quite a bit of life here.... and I thought I'd share some of it.


So... the big news...   Mrs Mallard had 13 ducklings!  13 little balls of fluff to keep tabs on - I ask you!!  .... and she still has a handful left!  They do look pretty cute, and they seem to have got the idea of diving for duck weed really well.



And this is a new brood just hatched with an odd but lovely little yellow one!





And so of course I just had to join in... 


getting busy building a nest - 





not sure if right in the middle of the pool is the best place.... I have to see off a lot of other birds and some are very big.....





But all done and I'm happy!




So say hello if you are passing...
and see if you can spot the swallows and house martins who are flying over the pool now or those noisy warblers, twittering in the reeds.